UNREFINED SUNFLOWER OIL:
The hot pressing technology is used to produce unrefined sunflower oil. This is extra virgin oil, a natural product not treated chemically during production. Due to this method, formation of products of thermal oxidation and decomposition can be avoided, and useful vitamins A and E as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as linoleic acid (Omega 6), can be preserved in oil.
Unrefined sunflower oil contains the substances as follows:
1. Vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that protects cells in a human organism from premature ageing. High content of tocopherols ensures longer shelf life when oil doesn’t lose its properties useful for customers.
2. Fatty acids contribute to quick removal of cholesterol from an organism, have restoring effect for blood vessel walls, make them more elastic, and act as prophylactic means against atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular diseases.
Phospholipids play important role in lipometabolism and have antisclerotic properties.
For unrefined sunflower oil, the following organoleptic characteristics are typical:
· It has high nutritional and biological value, and free of any foreign flavour and bitterness;
· In terms of its quality characteristics, it corresponds to the premium grade oil;
· It is an ideal source to add trace elements and biologically active substances to a human organism;
· Pleasant odour and taste, natural colour and ideal consistence.
REFINED DEODORIZED SUNFLOWER OIL
Refined deodorized sunflower oil is ideal for roasting and has organoleptic properties as follows:
· Appropriate for uniform roasting without burning;
· No foaming and no smoke release when used for roasting at high temperatures;
· Can be used sparingly;
· Preserves its quality characteristics during 12 months.
REFINED DEODORIZED RAPESEED OIL
Rapeseed oil has lots of advantages, such as natural content of vitamins E and A and balanced combination of essential fatty acids, Omega-6 and Omega-3 (2:1), that are absolutely necessary for our organisms. An organism itself does not produce these fatty acids; thus, a human needs to consume them with food.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 implement quite important functions in an organism. For example, they take part in construction of cells, reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis, affect a wide range of inflammatory responses and helpful in cases of lipometabolism disorders. Also, these fatty acids contribute to strengthening of blood vessel walls and reduction of blood cholesterol level; also, they prevent risks of thrombosis and onset of several other deceases. Regular consumption of linoleic acid (Omega-6) reduces the hazard of stroke and myocardial infarction onset.
Rapeseed oil is suitable for roasting meat, poultry and vegetables because, when heated, it is resistant against oxidation and formation of harmful carcinogenic substances. Rapeseed oil is also useful as dressing for freshly-cooked vegetable salads because it contributes to better intake of fat-soluble vitamins and vitamin F from vegetables and greens.
Now, rapeseed oil is also widely used in production of mayonnaise, sauces, margarines and confectionery fats. Rapeseed oil is used as a component of confectionery margarine fats for pastry and wafer making. In its pure form, rapeseed oil is used in bread baking and in production of prefabricated meat and other semi-finished foods.